Prathum Wan is one of the seven districts of Bangkok. If you happen to be in this part of the city for a holiday or business then it is worth exploring the place. Prathum Wan is quite a small district compact with so many infrastructures. Everything is just a walk away. It is considered as the center of commerce in Bangkok. This district is inundated with some of the most attractive and must go to places for tourists.
Here are some interesting places to go to in Prathum Wan Bangkok.
- Erawan Shrine or the “Shrine of Lord Brahma the Great” at Ratchaprasong intersection, Prathum Wan district in Bangkok is brimming with worshippers both locals and tourists all day long. There is loud music and gaiety dancing by resident dance troupes hired by worshippers. The statue Phra Phrom
was enshrined in the 1950’s and have undergone renovations twice since then.
- Indulge yourself shopping at posh shopping malls around. In Prathum Wan there is never a shortage of imported and luxury products as shopping malls are found everywhere. The famous Central World and Isetan occupying the entire left side of Ratchaprasong Road and Gaysorn Plaza, Narayana and Big C on the right. And the luxurious Siam Paragon, Siam Center, and Siam Discovery Center on Rama 1 Road, and just across are Siam Square One, and MBK Center. Central Chidlom is on Chidlom Road opposite Rama 1, also along this road are chains of malls less popular than the first ones but still plush nevertheless, Amarin Plaza, Maneeya Center, and Mercury Ville.
- Visit Chulalongkorn University. It was established in 1917 by King Vajiravudh (Rama V) and was named after his father Rama VI, King Chulalongkorn who is considered as the father of modern education in Thailand. It is a pretty big university with 19 faculties 23 colleges and research institutes.
- Lumphini Park is at the corner of Rama IV and Ratchadamri road. More than half a million squares big, it is home to some exotic flora and fauna. It is a go to after a long days work or an easy getaway from the busy city life. People could choose to just chill out under tree shades, or engage in Tai chi, aerobics, jogging, biking, rowing, or paddleboat ride.
- National Stadium. Supachalasai National Stadium is located at Rama 1 behind Mahboonkrong Center (MBK). At present local football matches are held there, but it had its fair share of exciting and eventful history, Michael Jackson performed there twice during his Dangerous World Tour. And it was the main stadium for several Asian Games and AFC Asian Cup.